Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Prayer Requests in the Light of the World



I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. John 12:46


Gracious God, we give thanks for your son Jesus, our light in the darkness. Help us believe so that we may see. Bring about real change in our lives, so that we may know your will and have the strength to accept your call on our lives. We lift these prayers of your children today:

“I would like to lift up in prayer all of my 6 cellies, and all the other inmates in here and their families. I lift up m son Bruce Jr. who just turned 21 and doing a life sentence, my three daughters, Stephanie, Lisa and Angela. May God keep them under his watchful eyes. Lift up my ex-wife Rosalinda, may God bless her today, tomorrow and forever more. Lift up my two sisters, my nephew, my sister-in-law and my aunt. Also, may God bless me with more knowledge of his word.” Bruce D., Sanchez Unit, El Paso TX

“Please pray for me and my wife Maerine.” Mark S., Gurney Unit, Tennessee Colony, TX

“Please put Kourntey N. who is 20 years old & deaf, Amy P. who is 20, pregnant and going to prison for 3 years, & Marvala B. who is wonderful and help, never has doubt on the prayer list.” April G., Tavares FL

“Several of us who are incarcerated here at Silverdale in Chattanooga, TN have your calendar & not only do we use them for our own use but share the days devotion in our morning bible studies.” Kathleen L., CCA Silverdale, Chattanooga TN

“My name is LaDeirdra Ann, I would like you & your congregation to pray for me & my family & loved ones. I am incarcerated. Please pray & I believe I shall receive my deliverance.” LaDeirdra Ann H., Decker Detention Center, Dallas, TX

“Hi! I am Bro. Johnson R., Sr. You all sent me a calendar and I want to thank you for it. It has been a blessing to me. Will you all please pray for me and my xwife Ruthie and my 3 sons.”

“I received a daily devotional calendar as a gift copy from you over a month ago, and it has been very helpful to spiritual growth. Since I have found such reassurance and inspiration in its pages, I would like to request another copy to share with a fellow sister-in-Christ. We reside here at a treatment facility for drug and alcohol abuse and we would like you all to lift up everyone here in prayer.” Janet W., Baton Rouge, LA

“I need God’s word to be rooted inside me. I want to change my life so I won’t any longer come to prison. I am learning that God’s word can change me, and I believe in God. Please help me. Your friend in Christ and your brother.” Carlos C., Lopez Unit, Edinburg TX

“This is my first time and my last time here. I’m here because of an accident and I’m really sorry for it. I would also like for you to pray for me. Pray that I’m still a mother to my daughters. Pray that I still have my parental rights and pray that by this summer I will be home with my babies.” Tonya T., CMCF, Pearl MS

“ I’m asking if you can send me another calendar for myself, because I had passed mine on to a young lady that was here with me and left so she didn’t have a chance of getting one. Can I also ask you to hold us up in your prayers and at the same time I pray that this letter find you all in high spirits and great health.” Tammy D., Tarrant Co. Jail, Dallas TX


We pray for these, and all your children who are seeking to find your righteous path for their lives. Guide and protect them, give them peace. We pray for all who share your word with prisoners, for chaplains and volunteers, for missionaries and evangelists. Let your perfect purpose be accomplished through our imperfect work. In the name of Jesus, our Savior and our brother, we pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home