Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Prayer Requests for Advent of Hope


Gracious God, we give you glory and thanks for your constant compassion and protection. We know you are with us though all of our wanderings, and that without your guidance, we would be lost and have no hope. Keep us faithful, give us hope for the future, as you hear the petitions of your children:

"My dad is currently serving in Iraq and I'm the oldest child and I am in prison... Pray for my mom and grandma. They need the comfort. My brothers are Brandon and Zachery, my sister is Cheyenne and my son is Hunter. Could you say a prayer for all of us?... I hate to think what it would be like to go through all this without God's comfort." Jennifer R., Pine Bluff AR

"... my mom is very sick. Please keep her in your prayers." Jackie G., Troy NC

"I need your prayers really bad. I'm 35 years old, been in a worldwind [sic], fighting to stay afloat. Friends like you and God has been my only friends and hope for the last five years. Please keep me in prayer." Johnny S., Morganton, NC

"Your letter mentioned you did prayers, and how God has a purpose for us. I believe I may have found mine. As an x-drug abuser, I've recently discovered I want to be an evangelist @ night and help children during the day that are on drugs get off & give them faith in the Lord. I'm struggling still with asking for forgiveness with the things I've done in my past. My pride still gets in the way. So I ask, please pray that I can do this. Pray that I can put away my pride, gain the knowledge to be an evangelist and have the strength to put into my community. Let the Lord forgive me for my sins& give me strength to walk again." Desiree T., Dayton TX

"I would like you to say a prayer for my family and me. I have not gotten a letter from my mother and I don't know how my grandmother is doing at all. I need somebody to pray for me I am having a hard time right now." Algarita S., Gatesville, TX

"I thank God, our Father, for ministries such as your because as I understand the Word, you are reaching out to those the world has forgotten or called outcasts. Believing and receiving God's gift of salvation , so many have received a new hope because of you... I am also asking that you place my name on your prayer list. I have accepted Jesus Christ in my life as my savior and I expect there to be many trials and tribulations along the way, so with my prayers, God will carry me." John B., Abilene, TX

"Please keep me and my family in your prayers." Julie D., Newport, AR

We lift these, and all your children who are in prison, to your loving protection. We pray with confidence, because we know you are a loving God, attentive to our needs and concerns. Help us through the holidays, to strip away the unnecessary busy-ness of live, and to find peace that comes only from you. Focus our eyes on the coming of Christ into our world and our hearts again. In Christ's name we lift these prayers. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home