Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bread of the World

“Then Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.’” John 6:35

We praise you, God of life-changing grace.
We give thanks that, in our sinfulness, you offer us the perfect gift of your precious Son, Jesus.

Hear our prayer: help us persevere in our faith; to grow in grace;
strengthen us to set aside our own worldly comfort;
instead let us find comfort and sustinance in you alone, Oh God;
For we know that when we hunger for what the world has to offer, we will never be satisfied;
but the bread of life, who is Jesus Christ, will sustain us forever.

“Please pray for my son, Noah’s certain victory over alcoholism, and for my sister, Kelly’s immediate healing.” Dianna Contorelli, Houston, TX

“My husband, Michael Moses, and I are in jail. We have two small children. I’m asking for all to please put us on your prayer list to reunite with our children and family soon.” Rachel Moses, Tyler, TX

“My parents, Terry and Carole Lewis, are very ill. They have a lot of major health problems. I was wondering if you would pray for them.” Elaine Kerlin, Gatesville, TX

“I have a prayer request of strength and patience for inmates everywhere.” Sheryl Manley, Dallas, TX

For these, and all your children, we give thanks for your continued loving kindness.
In the name of Jesus Christ; who died and now rules over death;
and rose to new life, so that we too may live; we celebrate the mysteries of your glory!
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home