Friday, June 02, 2006

Prayer Requests

Psalm 91:9-11
If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways


“My name is Robert; I’m writing you because I feel that I’ve fallen so far down, I need a telescope to look up and see rock bottom. My wife and I have fallen away from the Lord. With me being incarcerated I find it hard to keep the faith. I try to pray every night for my wife & son while I’m away, but I just don’t feel that my prayers are warranted anymore. Could you please send me a perpetual devotional calendar? If it’s not too much to ask for, could you send my wife one as well? …If you cannot spare two calendars, please if you can, make sure my wife gets one.” Robert P., Pam Lychner State Jail, TX

“ I am a new child in Christ and I’m in need of some serious spiritual guidance.” Bobbi S., Henley Unit, TX

“Please put me on your Prayer List for healing of my spinal cord, bones, muscles & joints.” Edna Mae O., Carriere, MS

“Please pray for me I was a alcoholic for so many yrs and God gave me a wake up call a little over a month ago and I just quit drink and have no desire to even have one drink. I thank God for my friend who prayed for me for a year and never gave up on God healing me. I need special prayer for deliverance for smoking pot. I am 54 yrs and lost my home during Katrina and in Nov. just past my husband died. My income is below poverty and I need help managing my money better. Also my self-esteem is very low. I need your prayers desperately.” Eva L., Carriere, MS

“I am an inmate in a Mississippi Correctional facility. I’m trying to build a firm foundation for the life I want to live when I leave here in nine months. I was shown a Devotional Calendar you have, and was told I could write for one. If so, I’d really enjoy having it.” Audrey A., Pearl, MS

“Our names are Catrena, Roxanne, Taneisha and Faye. We want to thank you in Jesus’ name for thinking of those in prison. We also want to ask for prayers for our loved ones in Jesus name.” Pearl, MS

“I am a long way from home, with some serious illnesses in my family back home, and I am truly going through a spiritual low right now.” Monise S., Jack Co. Jail, TX

“I am a new Christian in need, I am currently incarcerated at Tarrent County Jail.” Deidra B., Tarrant Co., TX

“I am currently incarcerated in Tom Green County Jail, San Angelo, Texas. I am awaiting the Court’s decision on my case. I was in an abusive verbaly & physically relationship for which I am facing 5 yrs for aggrevated assault, 2nd degree felony. Please pray for me in this case. … please put this facility on your prayer list. The women here need extensive prayer.” Olivia J., San Angelo, TX

“I’d like ya’ll to pray for my grandmother who just went through a surgery for cancer. Pray for my family and that God give me the patience to make it day by day.” Ashley W., Parmer Co., TX

“When I talk to Christine on the phone I read to her (from the devotional calendar) what that day says. I am hoping when I get out to marry her and be the husband she needs… She has been supporting me for the last 5 years here in prison.” James B., Crowley County Corr. Facility, CO

“Please pray for my grandsons to come home to my daughter, Ashley, their mother. Stand with me in prayer that God send them home to her please.” Martha W., St. Gabriel, LA

“I have two great kids, a boy, 15 and a girl, 18. Could you please send them one each of your nice Daily Devotional Calendars: I feel this would be a great help to them. I don’t want my kids to go down the wrong path.” Watt L. Sam, Full Blood Cherokee, Tenessee Colony, TX

“I am a baby in Christ and need all the understanding I can get to help in my walk with God… Thank you for helping myself and others.” Kari S., Hillsboro, TX

“I am currently in prison, and I would very much like to have one of your calendars to help get me through each day one at a time. The power of prayer is a wonderful thing, so I would like to share it with someone as well.” Edgar C., C.T. Terrell Unit, TX

“We here at Plane State appreciate the materials you offer for us to learn more about our Father and Jesus Christ. Thank you so much from a child of God.” Jennifer T., Plane State Jail, TX

“I am an inmate in the Texas Prison System. I am writing you in hopes of obtaining a copy of your free perpetual calendar. I had one once and would like to have another. It was a very good devotional and spiritual guide for me.” James G., Holliday Unit, TX

With these prayers of your children, Lord, we offer our own, and we humbly lift them all to your loving care. Amen.

If you feel called to write to a lonely prison inmate, please email our ministry firstcp@cphouston.org and we will provide mailing information. We do not post mailing information online without prior permission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home