Thursday, May 18, 2006


Psalm 73:21-26 NIV When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Everpresent God, when we can not see you, we are blinded to your gracious love for us by our own anger and bitterness. Help us to release the venom that poisons our soul, so that we may see you clearly acting in our lives for our benefit. We thank you that you patiently wait for us, you gently hold our hand, you steadily guide us to the right path for our lives.

We pray for Ramona Kennard and her children, Louisa Diaz and her family, for James Johnson to walk upon your promises when he is released, for Patricia Washington to be strengthened to fight against all the evils in the world, for Darryl Wayne Pisey, to serve you faithfully as he seeks to share the good news of the Gospel.

We pray for Loretta Lee, and all the incarcerated victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, who are unable to be with their families in their times of distress, for protection and encouragment for their families to rebuild their lives on the rock of salvation, and to comfort and heal the worries and anxieties and bring peace to their hearts.

We pray for Cynthia Hail and Scott Shaffer, bless their marriage with peace and joy, patience and love. Protect them and guide them in understanding the needs of a Christian family, and strengthen them to provide a safe, loving home to their children.

We pray for Brian Brewster, to renew his spirit and strengthen him for all the challenges he may face. Help him feel your power and forgiveness, and your unconditional love which will empower him to deal with whatever lies ahead. Bring him peace of mind.

We pray for families of prisoners, who must bear heavy financial and emotional burdens because of their loved one's mistakes. Help them find forgiveness in their hearts and strength to bear the burdens that separation brings. Show them the way to love, as you would have us love, and lift up their spirits in their times of distress.

We pray in the name of Jesus Christ your son, who taught and teaches us today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home