Friday, September 30, 2005

I have nothing to wear!

Isaiah 61:10 NIV
I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.



A very special social engagement, my son's wedding, is fast approaching, and I have as of today, not made the all-important mother-of-the-groom dress selection. I have been waiting for inspiration! (Not really, I just don't enjoy shopping like some of people I know.) Its a good time to think about what we really use to adorn ourselves, the brides jewels (her dress is amazing) and the bridesmaids dresses, the men's crisp white shirts and sharp suits, and the flowers and all, to make ourselves beautiful, but our real beauty comes from within, from our salvation and that is a free gift from God!

Abba Father, there is nothing we need that is not known to you. Help us seek what is truly important, and not be seduced by worldly desires. With your help, let us be ready, with our lamps burning, when the bridegroom comes. We lift in prayer our sister Carolyn Dianne Zackry who waits for you, be with her now and always. For Steve Tanner in Greenfield IN and Tim McQueary in Lagrange KY, who both need to feel your amazing power in their lives. We pray for Tonya Sheffield at KCIW, Stephen Akin at Tennessee Colony and his wife Kelly in Mena AR. For these and all of your children, we lift our prayers in Jesus name. Amen.

Just so you know, I'm going shopping for a dress this weekend, so I can be ready the bridegroom comes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home